1- What is the difference between a Grand Park Day and a Regular Park Day?
The REGULAR PARK is opened every day from July 1st to August 31 (summer season), and on Saturdays and Sundays in June, September and October. The entrance price is 15$ for all ages and include a guided tour of the park, the access to the horse museum, the merry-go-rounf carrousel, the picnic tables and the hiking trails, from 11:45 a.m. to 6 p.m. There are no shows on Regular Park Days, but you may watch our training sessions. All horse riding activities can be booked with extra fees. The GRAND PARK is only opened some Saturdays during the summer and fall (check our calendar at the bottom of the page). Prices start at 19$ for children, and include 3 hours of shows (1h of medieval jousting demonstration outside ans 2h of shows in the theatre). 10 free activities and 6 available with extra fees, from 12 a.m. to 6 p.m.
2- Is the Park opened every day of the year?
The Regular Park is opened every day during the summer (July 1st to August 31st), and on Saturdays and Sundays in June, September and October. Check the calendar at the bottom of the page to know the Grand Park Days, with two great shows and many activities. You may book lessons, sport-studies programs, courses and other activities throughout the year.
3- What are the prices and schedules for the Grand Park Days? Are there any discounts?
We invite you to check our "Prices and Opening Times" page. The prices are organised in different categories: Children between 2 and 4 (19$), Children between 5 and 11 (39$), Adults and children over 12 (59$), Students and Seniors over 65 (55$), taxes are not included.
From time to time, we offer promotional codes (on holidays or special events). Please note /!\ VIP tickets do not grant you any free token, carriage ride or horse riding activity. /!\
4- What are the prices and opening hours on Regular Park Days?
The Regular Park is opened from 11:45 a.m. to 6 p.m. The price is 15$ per person, in all weather.
5- Are dogs allowed on site?
Dogs are allowed on Regular Park Days, for 15$ extra. They must be held on a leash and well trained. Dogs are not allowed on Grand Park days, neither on site nor in the cars.
6- Is it possible to arrive in advance?
No, it is not permitted to access the Park before 11:45 a.m., except on previous spectial authorization.
7- Are all activities free?
No, only 12 of the 20 activities offered on Grand Park Days are free, the others 6 must be booked with extra fee.
8- Are there show on Regular Park Days?
No : Choose to come on a Grand Park Day to enjoy our 2 great shows! The two shows are included in the Grand Park Days tickets (some Saturdays during the Summer and Fall), and include a Medieval jousting show in the early after-noon, as well as a Great Equestrian Show in the Theater in the evening (4 p.m.). If you have a regular "discovery ticket", please note that the seat placement is "first come, first served" and is limited to the number of remaining seats available. If you have a "Privilege" or "VIP" ticket, your seat is numbered and guarantees you a room.
9- How long do the Great Shows Last?
The Equestrian Shows Memoirs of a Drum Horse, EquiLibre, and the Blue Ribbons' Medley last between 1h05 and 1h30. A Liberty Demonstration with explanations is offered before the Show. They begin at 4 p.m. and end around 6 p.m. If you have a VIP or Privilege ticket, plan to stay 30 minutes more for the pictures and the visit of the stables.
10- Is there an intermission during the show?
Yes, there is an intermission in the middle of the show, to let the artists and horses rest for about 15 min. You may have a drink or a snack at the bar in the meantime.
11- Are there real horses during the show?
Yes, there are real horses during our shows. The projections are only scenery and visual effects.
12- Are the seats numbered?
Discovery tickets holders may seat freely, on the principle of first come. first served, with the limit of the remaining tickets available. Privilege or VIP tickets holders have a numbered reservation and are guaranteed a seat. They may choose their seat at the moment of reservation. That seat is then reserved until the beginning of the show.
13- Is the Park opened if it rains?
The Park is always opened, except in case of weather alert. In case of rain, the shows are maintained and the activities will be adjusted.
14- Is it possible to eat on site?
Yes, Picnic tables are at you disposal. A snack bar with crèpes, hot-dogs and sweets is also here to serve you on Grand Park Days.
15- How long does it take to enjoy all of the Grand Park activities?
We advise you to arrive at the opening of the park at noon to have a picnic and have enough time to enjoy all the activities of the park and see all the demonstrations in the afternoon, from 1 p.m.
16 - Is it possible to adopt some of the horse from the refuge?
It is possible, only for some of them and under specific conditions. For more information, please contact the team, outside of Grand Parc Days, preferably during the week, at the following number: 450.228.3006
17- Can we leave tips for the artists or donations for the refuge?
Yes, the artists and guides would appreciate your kind gesture. You may leave them money or tokens, directly or via the many boxes distributed around the park.
18- Do you offer lodging on site?
We offer you to spend the night in our Bubble tent, in the middle of the forest and close to the horses. We currently only have one bubble tent for two people. Please call us for more information.
You may also find lodging nearby, at the following hotels and inns:
The Viking Resort & Marina, located on the lake of Sainte Marguerite du Lac Masson
The Nature et Confiture Inn, located a few minutes away by car, on the Ashton Lake
The Estérel Resort : Located just a kilometer away from Cavaland, on Dupuis Lake
The Manoir Hotel: Located in Sainte-Adèle, about 15 min away from Cavaland
For any question, please contact us on 450.228.3006 or email@example.com
BY BUYING YOUR TICKETS AND ENTERING CAVALAND PARK , YOU ACCEPT TO DO BUSINESS WITH LE HARAS LAURENTIEN INC.AND AGREE TO FOLLOW THE CURRENT REGULATIONS ON SITE. LE HARAS LAURENTIEN INC. DECLINES ANY RESPONSIBILITY IN CASE OF THEFT OR LOSS OF YOUR BELONGINGS ON SITE. LE HARAS LAURENTIEN INC. IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACCIDENT OR INCIDENT RESULTING FROM FAILURE TO RESPECT OUR SECURITY RECOMMENDATIONS ON THE PARK.
FIRE IS FORBIDDEN AT ALL TIME ON SITE. IT IS FORBIDDEN TO FEED HORSES AND ENTER THE PASTURES, PADDOCKS ,STALLS AND PENS WITHOUT AN OFFICIAL GUIDE FROM THE
PARK. OUR GUIDES WILL ALLOW YOU TO PET HORSES WHEN THEY JUDGE THAT IT IS CONVENIENT AND SAFE TO DO SO. IT IS NOT PERMITTED TO TOUCH HORSES AT ANY OTHER TIME WITHOUT THEIR AUTHORIZATION. DOGS ARE
NOT ALLOWED ON SITE, AND MUST NOT BE KEPT INSIDE YOUR PARKED CAR.
ENTERING CAVALND IMPLIES THE UNDERTAKING RULE TO BEHAVE RESPECTFULLY AND COURTEOUSLY TOWARDS OUR STAFF, OUR VISITORS AND OUR ANIMALS.
ANY DANGEROUS, THREATENING, DISRESPECTFUL OR INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR TOWARDS HUMANS OR ANIMALS MAY RESULT IN THE EXCLUSION FROM THE PARK WITHOUT REIMBURSEMENT. ANY THEFT, INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR, VIOLENCE, INDECENT BEHAVIOR OR VANDALISM ON THE SITE WILL RESULT IN LEGAL ACTION AND THE EXCLUSION FROM THE PARK.
DATED TICKETS FOR THE PARK OR THE SHOW AS WELL AS BOOKED OPTIONAL ATTRACTIONS (SWIMMING WITH HORSES, HORSE TRAILS,
HORSEBACK MAGIC AND MEDIEVAL MAGIC) ARE NEITHER EXCHANGEABLE NOR REDEEMABLE IN CASE OF FAILURE TO BE ON THE SITE AT THE SCHEDULED TIME.
THE MAJORITY OF OUR ATTRACTIONS AND ACTIVITIES ARE INCLUDED FOR FREE IN YOUR ENTRANCE TICKET.
FEE-BASED ATTRACTIONS ARE ACTIVITIES RELATED TO RIDING HORSES AND IMPLY AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE FROM 4$ TO 39$ ACCORDING TO THE ACTIVITY, PER PERSON AND FOR EACH RIDE). THEY INCLUDE SWIMMING WITH HORSES, HORSEBACK MAGIC, MEDIEVAL HORSEBACK MAGIC, AND HORSE TRAILS). ALL OTHER ACTIVITIES ARE INCLUDED IN YOUR ENTRANCE TICKET (FOR A DAY AT THE PARK).
THESE FEE-BASED ACTIVITIES IMPLY A RESERVATION (IDEALLY 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE TO ENSURE YOU A SPOT AT THE HORSE SWIMMING POOL BY SENDING AN E-MAIL AT : info@lechevalca (PLEASE WRITE "BOOKING FOR (THE NAME OF THE ACTIVITY: SWIMMING WITH HORSES, HORSEBACK MAGIC, MEDIEVAL HORSEBACK MAGIC, OR HORSE TRAILS) IN THE OBJECT LINE OF THE E-MAIL YOU CAN ALSO TRY TO BOOK ON THE DAY OF THE ACTIVITY, BUT THE NUMBER OF PLACES AVAILABLE IS LIMITED. INFORMATION AT THE RECEPTION DESK OR THE SOUVENIR SHOP.
TICKETS FOR CHILDREN AGED 10 OR LESS INCLUDE A PONY RIDE AND TWO MERRY-GO-ROUND CAROUSEL RIDES FOR FREE.
ADDITIONAL PONY RIDES ARE AVAILABLE FOR A FEE (RESPECTIVELY 8$ AND 4$ FOR EACH ADDITIONAL RIDE).
SWIMMING WITH HORSES, HORSE TRAILS AND RIDING A SHOW HORSE (HORSEBACK MAGIC PACKAGE AT THE PHOTO STUDIO IN THE THEATRE) MUST BE BOOKED IN ADVANCE IDEALLY 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE AND IMPLY SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS (BEING IN GOOD HEALTH AND HAVING THE APPROPRIATE AGE, HEIGHT, WEIGHT, ABILITIES AND PHYSICAL CONDITIONS TO RIDE).
ALL OTHER ON SITE ACTIVITIES WITH NO PARTICULAR REQUIREMENT ARE FREE AND WITH NO LIMITATION WITH YOUR ENTRY TICKET.
IN CASE OF SEVERE ALLERGY NOTICED ON SITE UPON PRESENTATION OF THE ALLERGIC VISITOR AT THE RECEPTION DESK, THE CLIENT WILL BE REIMBURSED. THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THEIR ACCOMPANYING PEOPLE.
THE PURCHASE A HORSE RIDING ACTIVITY (SWIMMING WITH HORSES, HORSEBACK RIDING OR MEDIEVAL HORSEBACK MAGIC) IS NEITHER EXCHANGEABLE NOR REDEEMABLE.
CARS AND VEHICLES
- THE SPEED LIMIT IS 10 km/h (6m/h) AT ALL TIME
- ALL VEHICLES MUST STOP AS HORSES, DEARS OR OTHER ANIMALS GO BY UNTIL A GUIDE ALLOWS THEM TO MOVE FORWARD
- NO HORN BLAST ALLOWED
DOGS AND OTHER ANIMALS
- DOGS ARE ALLOWED ON REGULAR PARK DAYS, IF KEPT ON LEASH AT ALL TIME. THE ENTRANCE FEE FOR THE DOG IS 15$. (NO DOGS ALLOWED IN THE STABLES).
- YOU WILL BE ASKED TO PICK UP ANY OF YOUR
DOG'S EXCREMENT AND TO THROW IT IN THE TRASH, OTHERWISE A PENALTY WILL ENSUE.
- DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON GRAND PARK DAYS, NEITHER ON SITE NOR INSIDE THE CARS.
- YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO FEED HORSES.
- IT IS FORBIDDEN TO ENTER THE PASTURES, PADDOCKS ,STALLS AND PENS WITHOUT AN OFFICIAL GUIDE FROM THE PARK.
- OUR GUIDES WILL ALLOW YOU TO PET HORSES WHEN THEY JUDGE THAT IT IS CONVENIENT AND SAFE TO DO SO. IT IS NOT PERMITTED TO TOUCH HORSES AT ANY OTHER TIME WITHOUT THEIR AUTHORIZATION.
- DO NOT TOUCH HORSES PASSING BY YOU, YOU MIGHT SCARE THEM AND THEY COULD KICK OR BITE AS A DEFENSE MECHANISM.
- DO NOT TOUCH THE FENCES, AS MOST OF THEM ARE ELECTRIC. YOU MIGHT TAKE A SHOCK AND SO WOULD THE HORSE THAT YOU WERE PETTING.
- DO NOT RUN OR SHOUT AROUND HORSES
- DO NOT PUT YOUR ARMS BETWEEN THE BARS OR FENCES TO AVOID ANY BITE OR FRACTURE IF THE HORSE KNOCKS YOU AND YOUR ARM GETS STUCK.
- DO NOT TOUCH THE HORSES WITHOUT THE PRESENCE OF A GUIDE. EVEN THE NICEST HORSES CAN KICK OR BITE, ESPECIALLY IF THEY GET SCARED OR SURPRISED. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACCIDENTS IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THIS RULE.
BOOKING HORSE RIDING ATTRACTIONS
- YOU MUST BOOK IN ADVANCE: PLEASE MAKE A RESERVATION AS SOON AS YOU ENTER THE PARK TO SCHEDULE A MEETING TIME FOR YOUR ATTRACTION (SWIMMING WITH HORSE, HORSEBACK MAGIC, MEDIEVAL HORSEBACK MAGIC AND HORSE TRAILS).
- PLEASE ARRIVE 15 MINS IN ADVANCE
- IF YOU ARE LATE TO YOUR APPOINTMENT, THE PEOPLE IN LINE WILL TAKE YOUR PLACE.
- IF YOU DO NOT SHOW YOURSELF AT THE SETTLED TIME AND WISH TO BOOK ANOTHER APPOINTMENT THE STAFF WILL DO ITS BEST TO ACCOMMODATE YOU, WITHOUT GUARANTEEING IT. IF THE ATTRACTION CLOSES THAT DAY WITHOUT HAVING BEEN ABLE TO GET YOU ANOTHER APPOINTMENT, YOU WILL BE GIVEN A VOUCHER FOR THE ACTIVITY TO USE ANOTHER DAY. ( THE ENTRANCE WILL BE CHARGED, BUT THE ATTRACTION WILL BE FREE UPON PRESENTATION OF THE VOUCHER).
SWIMMING WITH HORSES
WITH A SPECIALIZED GUIDE, A TRAINED HORSE, A LIFE JACKET AND WATER SHOES TO PROTECT YOUR TOES.
- YOU MUST WEAR THE LIFE JACKET. WE WILL PROVIDE WATER SHOES. IT IS RECOMMENDED TO WEAR YOUR SWIMSUIT.
- YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE INFORMATION THAT YOU GIVE US REGARDING YOUR ABILITY TO SWIM.
- DO NOT RUN AROUND THE POOL, DO NOT INTERFERE WITH THE HORSE'S MOVEMENTS AS IT IS SWIMMING, DO NOT HOLD ON TO THEIR HEAD OR THE REINS IN THE WATER, YOU MIGHT SCARE THEM OR DROWN THEM.
- IF YOU FALL OFF THE HORSE, FOLLOW THE GUIDE'S INSTRUCTION TO THE NEAREST EXIT. NEVER TAKE OFF YOU LIFE JACKET.
- DO NOT JUMP OFF OFF THE HORSE TO SWIM NEXT TO IT, IT MIGHT ACCIDENTALLY KICK YOU UNDERWATER.
- NO CHILDREN AGED UNDER 11 ALLOWED AT THE POOL, OR AT THE HORSEBACK MAGIC AND HORSE TRAILS (THEY ARE WELCOME AT THE PONY RIDES).
- CONDITIONS APPLY REGARDING YOUR HEALTH, HEIGHT, WEIGHT, MOTRICITY AND YOUR ABILITY TO SWIM.
- REMEMBER TO TAKE A SWIMSUIT. WE CAN PROVIDE A WETSUIT IF NEEDED, FOR AN ADDITIONAL FEE.
PLEASE BOOK AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE. YOU CAN DO IT ONLINE 24H BEFORE THE DATE BY EMAILING : INFO@LECHEVAL.CA WITH "SWIMMING RESERVATION" WRITTEN ON THE OBJECT LINE.
HORSE RIDING/ HORSE TRAILS
- YOU MUST WEAR A HELMET
- THE MAXIMUM WEIGHT ALLOWED TO RIDE A HORSE IS 80KG (175lbs). ONLY TWO OF OUR HORSES CAN BEAR WEIGHTS FROM 80 TO 120 KG (175lbs to 265lbs). PLEASE ASK IF THEIR ARE AVAILABLE.
- THE STAFF HAS THE RIGHT TO JUDGE IF YOU ARE PHYSICALLY ABLE TO RIDE A HORSE AND CAN REFUSE TO LET YOU RIDE FOR YOUR SAFETY AND THE HORSES' WELL-BEING.
- IT IS FORBIDDEN TO LITTER ANYWHERE BUT IN THE TRASH CANS. IT IS FORBIDDEN TO SCARE THE HORSES OR HIDE IN THE WOODS. IT COULD CAUSE A RIDER TO FALL AND HURT THEMSELVES. YOU WOULD BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACCIDENT.
THE MERRY-GO-ROUND CAROUSEL
- DO NOT GET OFF THE CAROUSEL WHILE IN MARCH, DO NOT RUN OF THE PLATFORM. DO NOT JUMP OFF THE PLATFORM. TWO PEOPLE CAN NOT RIDE THE SAME HORSE. DO NOT SIT ON THE PLATFORM.
- MAXIMUM WEIGHT ON THE LITTLE HORSES 55KG (120 lbs).
- MAXIMUM WEIGHT ON THE BIG HORSES: 150 KG (330lbs).
THE INDIAN CAMP
- DO NOT START A FIRE IN THE TEEPEES
- DO NOT PLAY OR JUMP ON THE ROCKS
- DO NOT SWIM IN THE POND (CAREFUL OF LEECHES)
- DO NOT GET ON THE BOATS WITHOUT A LIFE VEST ON. DO NOT USE THE BOATS MORE THAN AN HOUR.
- DO NOT GET NEAT THE POND OR GET IN A BOAT IF YOU CANNOT SWIM. CAVALAND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACCIDENT.
- DO NOT SCARE OFF THE DUCKS LIVING IN THE POND.
-PLEASE LEAVE THE BOATS, LIFE VESTS AND PADDLES THE WAY YOU FOUND THEM.
WILD DEERS AND FAWNS ON THE SITE
- DO NOT FEED THE DEERS WANDERING AROUND THE PARK. DO NOT THROW ANYTHING AT THEM
- DO NOT TOUCH THEM WITHOUT THE PRESENCE OF A GUIDE.
- DO NOT RUN AFTER THE DEERS, FOLLOW THEM WITH YOUR CAR OR HONK AT THEM (THEY MIGHT NEVER COME BACK)
COURTESY AND BEHAVIOR TOWARDS OUR STAFF
- PLEASE BE COURTEOUS AT ALL TIME WITH OUR STAFF AND WITH OTHER VISITORS. DO NOT MONOPOLIZE A GUIDE FOR NO JUSTIFIED HEALTH OR SAFETY REASON SO AS TO LET THEM SERVE OTHER CUSTOMERS IN A FAIR MANOR.
- ANY DANGEROUS, THREATENING, DISRESPECTFUL OR INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR TOWARDS HUMANS OR ANIMALS MAY ENSUE THE EXCLUSION FROM THE PARK WITH NO POSSIBLE REFUND.
- ALL THEFT ON SITE WILL ENSUE LEGAL ACTION
- PLEASE BOOK YOUR TICKETS AND ATTRACTIONS IN ADVANCE IF YOU ARE A GROUP OF OVER 10 PEOPLE? OR IF YOU NEED SPECIAL ACCOMMODATION
- IF ANY VISITOR ALLERGIC TO ANIMAL HAIRS,POLLEN, HAY OR DUST DECIDES TO ENTER THE SITE ANYWAYS, THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR HEALTH AND MUST BRING ANY MEDICATION NEEDED IN CASE OF CRISIS. CAVALCADE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FAINTNESS.
- IN CASE OF SEVERE ALLERGY NOTICED ON SITE UPON PRESENTATION OF THE ALLERGIC VISITOR AT THE RECEPTION DESK, THE CLIENT WILL BE REIMBURSED. THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THEIR ACCOMPANYING RELATIVES.
-IT IS FORBIDDEN TO TAKE PICTURES DURING SHOWS. SLASHES ARE PROHIBITED AT ALL TIME DURING SHOWS AND IN THE STABLES FOR THE HORSES' WELL-BEING.
- IT IS FORBIDDEN TO SPEAK LOUDLY OR TO MOVE REPEATEDLY FOR NO MEDICAL OF SAFETY REASON, AS IT MAY BOTHER THE OTHER SPECTATORS.
-SPECTATORS WITH REDUCED MOBILITY MUST PRESENT THEMSELVES 20 MIN BEFORE THE BEGINNING OF THE EVENTS AND DEMONSTRATIONS TO BE CONVENIENTLY PLACED OR TO HAVE ACCESS TO THE THEATRE USING THE ENTRANCE DOORS ON THE SIDE (ASK THE GUIDES ON SITE).
DEMONSTRATIONS ARE PERFORMED IN THE THEATRE WITH LIGHT AND SOUND SYSTEM ON A GIANT 22M WIDE PANORAMIC SCREEN ON A 80 feet X 72 feet STAGE. 350 SEATS ARE AVAILABLE DURING DEMONSTRATIONS WITH UNRESTRICTED PLACEMENT IN THE PODIUMS. LASTS 30 MINS.
- HORSE TRAILS ARE AVAILABLE DURING SUMMER AND WINTER WITH EXPERIENCES GUIDES AND HORSES, UPON RESERVATION (24H IN ADVANCE) BEGINNERS WELCOME.
- FOR PEOPLE AGED 11 AND OVER
- HELMET USE IS MANDATORY
- HEALTH, WEIGHT, HEIGHT AND PHYSICAL CONDITIONS APPLY
YOUR PICTURE WILL BE TAKEN ON A LAYING OR REARING SHOW HORSE. YOU CAN CHOOSE TO WEAR SOME ACCESSORIES (HAT, CHAPS, VEST...) CONDITIONS APPLY (HEALTH, WEIGHT, HEIGHT AND PHYSICAL CONDITIONS)
THE ACTIVITY IS PERFORMED UNDER
SURVEILLANCE OF PROFESSIONALS WITH A SPECIAL SAFETY STRAP. A PROFESSIONAL WILL HOLD THE HORSE AND DIRECT IT DURING THE PHOTO SHOOT.
FOR PEOPLE AGED 6 AND OVER.